Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Dakotans For Health is committed to protecting your data and personal information as well as being transparent about its’ use.
Please review this Policy whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Information actively provided
We receive and store any information you provide to us, such as when you register for our email list, fill out a form, petition, or survey, make a request endorsement, donate to TakeItBack.Org, make a purchase, or apply to become a volunteer.
The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include the following:
• Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
• If you donate to TakeItBack.Org or make a purchase, we’ll collect your payment information
• We’ll collect any other information you choose to provide.
Information automatically provided
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these "cookies" to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate our Service;
• To provide the Service on our behalf;
• To perform Service-related services; or
• To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
How does TakeItBack.Org use the information it collects?
We use the information we collect to make our Service available to you, to contact you, to allow like-minded organizations to contact you, and to better understand how you use the Service. We may also use the information we collect to:
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Service;
• Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of TakeItBack.Org and others;
• Customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns, and generally to improve the Service; and
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Unless you opt out, we may share information about you with groups and or partners that support progressive candidates and causes, and other like-minded organizations. If you would like to opt out of our sharing information in this manner, email us at .
We may also share information about you as follows:
• We share your personal information with other companies, organizations, or people to perform tasks on our behalf and at our direction. See above section on “third parties.” For example, we use third parties like Act Blue to process donations and online purchases, and we may use third party hosting providers or software developers to help implement and maintain the Services.
• If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal.
• We may share your personal information with your consent and at your direction.
What choices do you have?
Sharing Your Information
If you would like to opt out of our sharing information about you with like-minded organizations, please email us at .
Communications from Us
You can email to stop receiving communications from us, or to update or delete the personal information that Dakotans For Health has collected about you. You can also opt out of receiving email updates from TakeItBack.Org by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in those updates. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account.
Rejecting and Deleting Cookies
You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
Where is Dakotans for Health’s home base?
Dakotans For Health is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States and may process and store information in other countries in the future. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may provide a lesser standard of protection than your home country.
Does Dakotans For Health collect information from children?
We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 16. In the case we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete this from our servers.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
What if I Have Questions About This Policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us at .